Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Favorite Necklace Yet

I got brave and tried working with seed beads in my tatting.  I used gray upholstery thread and tatted up the same Lyn Morton necklace pattern I did previously.  With the smaller thread, it took much longer than before.  Adding the beads to the picots on the chains wasn't too bad.
I wanted to give it a very different look, so I made some roses like I had tatted before.  In trying to add beads to the picots between the rings, I managed to break the tip of my Lacis .40 mm crochet hook (sound of me sobbing here).  Despite the setback, I was able to find some other creative ways to get the thread through the beads and finish the project.  Because I deliberately made the necklace to fit a normal person's neck rather than my chubby one, I won't be keeping it.  I love how it turned out, though, and now I'm going to have to make one for myself.  It was pretty fun to combine elements from two different patterns and have it turn out like this.  When I try being adventurous with my cooking, it never turns out well :-)

0 mad comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...