The new rates for the USPS went into effect Sunday, April 17, 2011. Stamps.com has a list of changes for the postal rates. If you want to determine what your new shipping Prices will be, the USPS site has the information plus a postage rate calculator. When cool resource I didn't know they had is the prepaid Forever flat rate Priority mail boxes. You can pay the flat rate now at lower prices and then use them to ship whenever. This concept is similar to the Forever postage stamps, which are bought at current postage prices and can be used any time in the future.
Since these rates are already in effect, you'll want to go through your product listings and reevaluate the shipping prices you are charging as soon as possible. The easiest way to quickly changed the shipping amount on multiple items for your Etsy shop is to click on Your Account.
- Now, look at the menu on the left side of the page. Under Shop Settings, click on Shipping & Payment.
- There, you can create a shipping profile to cover different items with similar weights or shipping needs.
- For example, I have created profiles for very small items, small items, digital delivery, and heavier items. Whenever I add a new product to my shop, I can choose the shipping profile that best fits that item, saving me some time on entering information.
- Once you've created the profiles, this same page will allow you to apply the profiles to multiple items in your shop by clicking on Apply Shipping Profiles to multiple listings.
- I'm sure you'll find this useful not only for postal rate increases, but also for changes in the costs of packaging materials or to correct items that you accidentally placed in the wrong shipping category.
|Photo courtesy USPS.com|